Friday, September 28, 2018

The Only 2 Times I Have Ever Seen Oscar Get PISSED OFF...

It's getting cold up here, man. I have been thinking about Oscar so much lately. Today I started giggling at him while I was building some little platforms to paint on. I get so fucking sensitive about shit like that. It often lasts for years. I was outside screwing scraps of wood together, thinking. As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." I guess.

I was dating a girl for a little bit when we adopted him. We were together for a couple of years or however long. I don't even know what that was to be honest. Oscar lived with me though. As always I fucked it all up again somehow and she split for some other dude. I just don't like being up someone's ass 24/7 nor do I like it happening to me. I'm not gonna do anything wrong if you just give me space. I don't give a shit what you do, just don't lie or cheat, I'll do the same and we are golden. Simple, right?

So, growing up with her around a lot, she was his fucking Mom. Then she wasn't around and it was just us and a bunch of Hollywood leftovers for quite a while (If you know what I mean). So She pops back up many months later and we are hanging out again. Not like before but trying to remain friends type of shit. We had a pretty heavy relationship. Extremely complicated. We are still cool. I don't give a fuck what she does anymore and she is the same but we are pretty protective of each other still. Like a don't fucking hurt her or I will cut you really bad type of thing. Dig?

Oscar was apparently the same way. I think we went to lunch one day or something and went back to my place. She wanted to see Oscar. I had to do something to my car so we were outside and I was messing with my car, she and Oscar were sitting outside in the grass. This person came walking by with their dog and it went up to the girl I have been talking about. It was just going up to sniff her or something. Nothing bad. Oscar flipped the fuck out. He was snarling and barking. He never did shit like that. EVER. He was very passive actually. Not that day. I actually had to go and calm him down.

Oscar wouldn't even bark if there was a knock at the door. He would just walk over and stand there staring at it. That is how I would know if someone came over when I had my headphones on or the music up too loud. It's like, "Hey Dad, someone is knocking. Don't worry though, I won't say nothing." Good thing for socks and peepholes because a lot of the time I "wasn't home" so to speak.

Another time, I was laying on the floor drinking whiskey and reading a book. Johnny Cash's first book The Man in Black. It was probably around midnight. I lived off of Sunset Blvd. near the strip. A lot of party spots and shit right there so I could hear the people laughing and having a good time up the block. It was a nice night. Just me and my son chilling' out. I would sometimes buy Oscar a beer. He loved beer. I would always get him a good one. I guess they were good ones, I would pick out whatever label looked coolest to me, that was how I would choose. I really don't like beer at all. To me it is like drinking a loaf of bread that tastes like dehydrated mule excrement or ear wax. Ever ate your own ear wax? I tried it once when I was about 8 years old. It is gross. I can swing Rolling Rock or Coor's light. It's like water, that's why. Anyway, Oscar had is beer and I was sipping whiskey, reading, beautiful night... I set two glasses up next to me and put a shot in each. Plopped back down on the rug and started reading again. He stumbles over and licks me across the face then he just stared at me. I grabbed my shot and cocked it back. He shoved his tongue into the other glass of whiskey and started growling. He was showing teeth and pissed. He didn't like that at all!!! I was laughing so hard. It' was like he got bummed out with me and walked away, kept looking back at me all fucking mad. I guess he thought I was trying to pull a prank on him. I wish someone else was there to see it. I nailed that fucker back too and then walked over to him but he wasn't having it with me. He was mad at me. He ignored me for about an hour afterwards. Then we went to bed and cuddled and he got over it.

THE END






No comments:

Post a Comment