Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Sun...

Spent all night painting and drawing. I don't know what time I went to bed but the sun was coming up when I did. Woke up at 8:32 AM. So I squeezed in about 2 1/2 hours of sleep or something like that. I guess. Then I went out and and mowed the lawn. I like to get all the shit I don't feel like doing done first when I can. Then I get to enjoy the rest of the day while I wait for the night to return.

A friend of mine gave me an opportunity to stay with him and get my shit together which drug me out to Detroit. Got my own little apartment again. It's minimal and nice. We will get to all that shit later. I hadn't seen him him in a long time and he found out about my current situation, which we will get to later. I have a record to make and my my mind is a machine that doesn't turn off. It has no organization what so ever though. Everything is always firing at once. Best way to describe it is thinking about my songs and how to approach them. I tried working with different producers and all that bullshit that comes along with that territory. They mean well but always fuck it up. They don't hear what I hear. Nor do they even want to. Robots. I will just do it myself. Then I can I can only blame myself, which I prefer. I don't like big computer recordings. Honestly, it makes me sad to sit in control rooms at big studios. I usually just go outside. Music is supposed to be heard and listened to, not looked at as wave lengths or patterns on a big computer screen. I want mistakes and raw sounds. I mean not mistakes that sound like shit but that give a beautiful song flavor rather than a dead, contrived heartbeat. True noises. I want to really record those trains, etc., and really beat the shit out of things to capture the sounds ~not look them up online and punch it in on some track. To me that is cheating it, I want the real shit. Get out of your air conditioned comfort zone, off your fat ass and record that fucking shit. Still, that is just how they do it these days. Not for me. I can't be a part of that which in this day and age will probably be what ruins my process. In my opinion one can't feel music that way as far as I am concerned. It is lazy.  When music first started being captured on recordings those artists and producer/engineers had to actually do it. That is where the beauty came from. Now these geeks use computers  to mimic what those people used to sweat to create. Then they order food delivery and whatever else. What a fucking joke. I've been there. I can't do it again. It's goes against everything I believe in. Probably my downfall. We'll see I suppose.

Anyway, while all that is going on up there I am also thinking about paintings and drawings I want to make. Writings and lyrics. My friend is helping me create a mental file cabinet to slow down and take one thing at a time. He sees something there and is patient in his trust in me. I am a very stubborn and hard headed man. He understands that which is refreshing. Which is also why when he found out my situation he stepped in, again we will get to that soon. I promise.

It was getting dark so I came back inside and started writing thoughts here. Funny, I went to bed with the sun rising this morning, and just a few hours earlier I was sitting outside watching the sun go down through the trees. It was beautiful. Alone. That is how I prefer to be most of the time. It's better that way. Gonna go fucking paint or something.

Here is a link to some music I made with my old band THE DOGMEN. You can download it here if you like. It's only $5 or some shit. Do or don't. I'll never see a dime from it so it ain't about that.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/45-ep/id1301639036


No comments:

Post a Comment